19 Things To Do At Home While In Quarantine
Written by Josh Agnew on March 20, 2020
As more and more people begin to isolate themselves inside their homes amidst the Coronavirus crisis, here are our tips to keep yourself productive and entertained while quarantined!
- Try a new recipe! Now’s the time to try one of those ‘never have time to cook’ foods! Find some delicious FREE recipies here.
- Complete a puzzle: The more pieces the better! Feeling extra saucy? Take on a Rubik’s Cube. More of a word person? Crossword puzzle!
- Read a book!
- Binge some videos on Youtube.
- Fix up those old clothes! Remember that hole that was left after you ripped the tag off your shirt? Get sewing and repair it in 15 minutes with some needle and thread.
- Use Skype, FaceTime, Snapchat or Messenger to video chat with your friends.
- Coloring books: They’re not just for kids! Just Color has some fabulous free downloadable coloring pages on topics like travel, art, nature, and history.
- Visit The Museum! Google Arts and Culture have partnered with more than 2,500 museums and galleries across the world in order to offer virtual tours and online displays of their collections to internet surfers.
- Have a chat on the phone! now that everyone is so focused on isolation and social distancing, you can take some time to recharge old friendships by dropping them a line.
- Make a pandemic playlist… Feel good songs ONLY!
- Learn an instrument! Dust off that old guitar sitting in your garage, and get practicing.
- Organize your home. Clean out and organize your garage – it will feel like a huge accomplishment!
- Dye your hair a new color. No one else needs to see it if you don’t like it.
- Read the newspaper. Keep up to date with what’s happening in the outside world!
- Download Duolingo and learn a new language!
- Binge those shows on Netflix you’ve been meaning to watch.
- Bring out the Legos. Build your house inside the house.
- Start a journal or blog. Sure, it can be about the coronavirus, but it could also be about a specific interest from chess to cheese.
- Sleep. Get lots of it!
Do you have any other tips for using your quarantine time productively? Let us know in the comments below!